I’m trying to average 1 new recipe per week in 2013 and keeping track of them here.
2) More technique than recipe, but I tried out this idea for transferring buttercream designs onto a cake.
3) This carrot cake recipe was ok fresh out of the oven and better the next day.
5) Crazy cake (I made the chocolate variety)
6) Betty Crocker Peanut Butter Frosting (a 1/2 batch was plenty for the crazy cake)
7) Mexican sweet potato skins (made w/o the cilantro because NO)
8) Mexican baked eggs (see 7)
9) Poutine (I made a veggie gravy and used shredded cheese instead of cheese curds)
12) Fluffy pancakes
18) Perfect lemonade
21) German pancakes (I have made these before, but this was a new recipe to us and turned out really good)
23) Oopsie bread (ew. NO.)
24) Corn Bread and Bean casserole (I used spaghetti sauce instead of plain tomato sauce, homemade taco seasoning in place of the spices, gluten free cornbread mix, added corn, topped w/cheese before the cornbread and cooked in the oven instead of the crockpot)
30) Sauteed apples
32) Apple nachos
36) Les Chouquettes
37) Broccoli and rice in 3-cheese sauce (totally made up. I sauteed an onion, cooked equal amounts of rice and broccoli and mixed them all in a beschamel sauce with cheddar, mozzarella, parmesan and a little pepper and garlic powder. Simple and really good)
38) Blondies (with a nutella swirl)
41) Stuffed pepper dip (another made up recipe. Diced rainbow bell peppers mixed with rice, taco seasoning, black beans, and tomato sauce. Topped with mozzarella, served with tortilla chips)
52) Old-fashioned pancakes (works well w/gf flour)